Landscape Drainage System
Landscaping that sits in a low-lying area of your property will most likely cause water to collect or pool as water flows downhill to the lowest point. Even the slightest of slope causes water to flow and erode the ground. Professional landscape drainage assistance may be necessary if your property becomes soggy or muddy with excess surface water.
Uses for Landscape and Yard Drainage Systems
The Hydraway Drainage System has a variety of uses for landscaping or yards, including:
- Storm water retention
- Yard drainage
- Parking lot drainage
- Channel drainage
- Retaining walls
It’s important to keep landscape and yards free from excess water, as it may lead to permanent and expensive damage to surrounding property and structures. Oversaturated soil can lead to shifts in the foundation of homes and other buildings, causing cracks and other potentially detrimental damage to your property. Additionally, too much water can lead to muddy areas of standing water, attracting mosquitos and other insects to once beautiful landscape.
Types of Landscape Drainage Systems
There are a number of different types of landscape drainage systems and materials, including: Surface drainage systems, Subsurface drainage systems, French drain pipe systems, Filter fabric or Multi-flow drainage systems, and Geotextile fabric systems.
- Surface Drainage Systems: This is a standard drainage system used for irrigation or in areas of excess rainfall. This system works only through the application of gravity, and comes in either a bedded or graded system.
- Subsurface Drainage Systems: This is also a standard type of drainage system that, although below ground, has similarities to surface drainage systems. It also works due to gravity, but operates in a regular and controlled system.
Landscape Drainage Materials
- French Drain Systems: Consists of standard PVC, plastic perforated pipes, or metal pipes
- Combination Filter Fabric Systems: Or sometimes referred to as Multi-flow Drainage, this type of system contains a series of stacked perforated pipes, wrapped in a polypropylene filter fabric. This can often prevent the passage of soil particles, but does not allow for high flow rates because of limited open space.
- Geotextile Fabric Systems: This type of system is made of a non-woven, geotextile fabric with a high-density polyethylene core. It allows for a much faster rate of water flow in order to keep water away from your landscape, yard, or field. Even though newer, this method of drainage has been proven and is more effective than older methods.
Why MDTI for Landscape Drainage?
For more than 20 years, MDTI has installed the Hydraway Drainage System for businesses and residential properties. Hydraway is the industry leader for state-of-the-art drainage systems, and is chosen by homeowners and engineers alike due to its guaranteed results, high compressive strengths, cost effectiveness, and a multitude of uses.
Interested in using the Hydraway Drainage System for Landscape Drainage? Please fill out the form located on our website or give us a call at 877-329-3438.
To become one of our installers, fill out the form located on our website with your information, your company’s information, and any additional information you think we may find helpful.
Due to the many applications of our Hydraway system, the price will vary based on your needs. If you wish to take advantage of the benefits that our drainage system provides, please contact us at 866-601-4601 for a free product estimate.